Wednesday, June 29, 2005

 

Communications with NSF Officials


NSF Official
National Science Foundation
4201 Wilson Boulevard
Arlington, VA 22230

Dear NSF Official,

I would like to bring to your attention my new Web site and invite you to post a comment. The Web site http://suny-stonybrook.blogspot.com/ intends to document the discrimination against conservative and other non-liberal scientists at the universities in the United States in hiring, retention and promotion, and includes my account of persecution at the Department of Geosciences, SUNY at Stony Brook. Because of this discrimination, I had to ask in my NSF research proposals submitted in 2003 and 2004 for the full salary, which resulted in the denials of funding. In my appeals of these denials I also pointed out what I would consider as serious charges of corruption in the review process caused by its liberal bias. My case and the supporting documentation were fully presented to you in these communications, yet you decided to ignore in your responses to my appeals all this evidence. In fact, your policies of preferential funding to institutions that condone this form of discrimination make you responsible for encouraging it. This is an opportunity for you to explain why a federal agency funded by American taxpayers supports such extreme liberal policies. I hope you will rise to this occasion.

Sincerely yours,
Tibor Gasparik
Research Associate Professor

This e-mail was sent to the following NSF officials:

Dr. Ardent L. Bement, Jr., NSF Director
Dr. Joseph Bordogna, Deputy Director
Dr. John B. Hunt, Senior Adviser to the Director
Dr. Margaret S. Leinen, Assistant Director for Geosciences
Dr. Herman B. Zimmerman, Director for Earth Sciences

Comments:
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 20:17:52 -0400
To: jbordogn@nsf.gov
From: Tibor Gasparik
Subject: My book

Dear Dr. Bordogna,

Please, return my book since both you and the NSF have been most unhelpful.

Sincerely yours,
Tibor Gasparik
 
I received my book: "Phase Diagrams for Geoscientists: An Atlas of the Earth Interior" from the NSF on July 11, 2005. I had sent this book to Dr. Joseph Bordogna, then the Deputy Director of the NSF, on May 21, 2003, to support my appeal of the rejection of my research proposal No. 0308362: Experimental Investigation of the Origin of Inclusions in Diamonds from the Deep Mantle. Dr. Bordogna never acknowledged receiving the book, nor thanked me for it. The book was the first copy I had received from the publisher, Springer-Verlag, only a day before the letter to Dr. Bordogna was mailed. The book has this inscription: "To the NSF with many thanks, signature (Tibor Gasparik). Stony Brook, May 21, 2003."
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?