Tuesday, July 12, 2005

 

Communications with the U.S. Congress and Senate


Member of the United States Congress or Senate:

I would like to bring to your attention an open letter to the President of the United States, posted on my Web site: http://suny-stonybrook.blogspot.com/. In this letter I urged the President to stop the widespread discrimination against conservative professors at American universities and colleges in hiring, retention and promotion, as examplified by my case of persecution at the SUNY at Stony Brook. Many of the problems this country and the world are facing now may have resulted from the neglect of this issue. I am asking you to help the President by introducing legislation that would make this form of discrimination illegal and possible to prosecute. You may respond by posting a comment on my Web site under Communications with the U.S. Congress and Senate. Thank you for your kind attention on this matter.

Sincerely yours,
Tibor Gasparik
Research Associate Professor
SUNY at Stony Brook

This e-mail was sent to the following members of the United States Senate:
Allard, Allen, Bennett, Bond, Brownback, Bunning, Burns, Burr, Chafee, Chambliss, Coburn, Cochran, Coleman, Collins, Cornyn, Craig, Crapo, DeMint, DeWine, Dole, Domenici, Ensign, Enzi, Frist, Graham, Grassley, Gregg, Hagel, Hatch, Hutchison, Inhofe, Isakson, Jeffords, Kyl, Lott, Lugar, Martinez, McCain, McConnell, Murkowski, Roberts, Santorum, Sessions, Shelby, Smith, Snowe, Specter, Stevens, Sununu, Talent, Thomas, Thune, Vitter, Voinovich, Warner

Comments:
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 16:06:49 -0400
From: senator_allen@allen.senate.gov
Subject: A response from Senator George Allen
To: tomanti@optonline.net
X-MIMETrack: Serialize by Router on allen-it01/sga(Release 6.5.3|September 14,
2004) at 07/20/2005 04:06:50 PM
Original-recipient: rfc822;tomanti@optonline.net


Dear Dr. Gasparik:

Thank you for contacting me regarding discrimination on college campuses.. I appreciate your concerns and value your input on this important matter.

It is always helpful to know what issues the people of Virginia and the nation feel are important. Your views and insights benefit me greatly as I work to make decisions for you in the United States Senate. I will be sure to keep your thoughtful comments in mind.

Once again, I appreciate you alerting me to this matter and please do not hesitate to contact me again about issues important to you. If you would like to receive an e-mail newsletter about my initiatives to improve America, please sign up on my website. It is an honor to serve you in the United States Senate, and I look forward to working with you to make Virginia and America a better place to live, learn, work and raise a family.

With warm regards, I remain



Sincerely,


Senator George Allen
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?